14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- Basic embedded system knowledge
- Embedded C programming experience
- An understanding of electronics fundamentals
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at C developers wishing to learn embedded C design principles.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the design considerations that make embedded C programs reliable
- Define the functionality of an embedded system
- Define the program logic and structure to obtain the desired result
- Design a reliable, error-free embedded application
- Obtain optimal performance from target hardware
Format of the Course:
- Interactive lecture and discussion
- Exercises and practice
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment
Course Customization Options:
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- What is design?
- C vs Embedded C
The Life-Cycle of an Embedded Application
- The development process
- The maintenance process
- The extended life cycle
- Open source vs proprietary
- Compiler, assemblers and linkers
Embedded Design Challenges
- Embedded computing design constraints
- Cost considerations
- Performance and efficiency
- Power consumption
- Thermal management
Defining the Design Goals
- Keeping it simple
- Defining the functionality
- Defining the program logic and structure
- Inspection and maintenance
- Uptime requirements
- Points of failure
- Redundancy-free design
- Information hiding
- Context-free modules
- Loose coupling
- Strong cohesion
- Acyclic dependencies
- Performance upgrades
- Scalable Thermal Design Power (TDP)
- Integrated graphics
Summary and Conclusion
Very good substantive preparation.
A lot of materials and sources.
A fairly wide resource of knowledge leading, explaining many language regulations from training, arguing many rules for the use of C language.
A large amount of practical information or guidance resulting from the industrial experience of the instructor
Issues on the compiler, linker, and hermetic. The humor of the teacher.
Great knowledge of the lecturer.